Meet the Directors
Robert T. Tucker is the founder and Executive Director of New Life Spirit Recovery. In addition, he holds the position as President of the Association of Christian Alcohol and Drug Counselors, a nationally accredited counselor certifying agency for the State of California. He is also the Administrator of two satellite institutes in Orange County where he teaches the recovery process to equip future counselors. Dr. Tucker is a Board Certified Clinical Pastoral Psychologist and a Board Certified Pastoral Counselor (BCPC) by the Board of Christian Professional & Pastoral Counselors (BCPPC). He earned a Master of Divinity (M.Div.) and Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) from the Association of Christian Alcohol & Drug Counselors Institute, College of Addiction Studies, and was awarded a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Pastoral Counseling in alcohol and drugs from Trinity University.
A variety of certifications have been earned by Dr. Tucker including:
- Masters Level - Registered Addictions Specialist (MCA) and (M-RAS)
- Certified Co-occurring Disorders Specialist - (CCDS)
- Certified Medication-Assisted Treatment Counselor - (MATC)
- Certified Women's Treatment Specialist (CWTS)
- Certified Clinical Supervisor - (CSC)
- Certified Forensic Addictions Counselor - (FAC)
- Certified Alcohol and Other Drug Counselor - Advanced (CAODC-A) California Association of Drinking Driver Treatment Programs.
- Masters Level - Professional Certified Christian Drug, Alcohol and Addictions Counselor with Marriage and Family Counselor Endorsement (MDAAC) (MFC)
- National Certified Addiction Counselor (NCAC) from the NAADAC Certification Commission.
- Certified Professional Codependence Counselor (CCC)
- Certified Anger Management Instructor
- Certified Domestic Violence Prevention Instructor
- Certified Addiction Interventionist
- Certified Crisis Interventionist
- Certified Suicide Interventionist
Dr. Tucker is known for his love for those afflicted with addictive behaviors, and his in depth understanding of the recovery process, Biblically known as deliverance (transformation), which has the ability to permanently lead men and women away from their destructive behaviors. His teaching, preaching and counseling is founded entirely on Biblical principles, with an understanding of the physiological and psychological aspects that affect behavior.
Robert is married to Stephanie Tucker and together they have two children, Arianna and Isabella. They live in Huntington Beach, CA.
Director of Family & Codependence Treatment:
Stephanie Tucker is the Director of Family and Codependence Treatment. She obtained her Master's Degree in Christian Counseling with a special emphasis on addictive behavior and the family system. She teaches and trains counselors to be certified in the area of codependence through ACADC Institute.
Stephanie passionately teaches, writes and speaks about the how the addiction cycles affects all family members. She is known for her in depth understanding of the nature of codependence and the methods of which survival and coping mechanisms can be broken in order to learn to love God's way. She recently authored the "Christian Codependence Recovery Workbook" which is now available through New Life Spirit Recovery and on Amazon.com and other book stores.
Stephanie is married to Robert Tucker and together they have two children, Arianna and Isabella. They live in Huntington Beach, CA